Starlink Internet satellite beta access, have your say!

2020-10-19T22:00:00Z

Soon, very soon, you can access Internet by satellite everywhere from the Earth surface ! (and beyond?)
Thanks to low orbit satellites system and the first one to be operational: Starlink’s Elon Musk.

And the very good news is you can be among the first, just register for the beta test.

As soon as you are operational, tell us how it goes by answering this thread, from where on Earth you are connected, what’s your throughput, etc…

99$ a month plus 500$ the tranceiver
  • I will buy it
  • I will consider it
  • Too expensive

0 voters

2020-11-01T23:00:00Z

2020-11-02T23:00:00Z

SpaceX Starlink beta users are starting to share their experiences, confirming that the satellite service can provide fast broadband speeds and low latencies in remote areas. A beta tester who goes by the Reddit username Wandering-coder brought his new Starlink equipment and a portable power supply to a national forest in Idaho, where he connected to the Internet with 120Mbps download speeds.

read here

2020-11-14T23:00:00Z

In this video I show the unboxing of the Starlink equipment, test the satellite dish indoors and then take it outside and run some speed tests. Finally I show the steps that I took to install the Starlink dish on the roof.

Pricing: $578.94 (after tax and shipping) for the equipment and $99 per month
What is included: Starlink satellite dish, satellite stand, power supply, router, long length of cable.
Purchased separately from Starlink: Volcano Roof Mount ($25.44) includes mount, lag bolts, sealant, box of cable screw clamps.
Speed Test Results: 120 Mbps Download, 13 Mbps Upload, 27 ms ping / latency

• Installation looks easy?
  • Installation looks difficult?
  • Installation looks very difficult?

0 voters

Discuss this on Facebook

2020-11-21T23:00:00Z

From a Starlink official on Reddit : Mobility options - including moving your Starlink to different service addresses (or places that don’t even have addresses!) - is coming once we are able to increase our coverage by launching more satellites & rolling out new hardware and software.